The Clinique du Diable, situated in a scenic location at an altitude of about 1000 meters, was built in 1897 as sanatorium. In 1924, the sanatorium was converted into a medical center under the ownership of an insurance fund and after the Second World War it was used as military hospital.
Just like Hôpital du Coiffeur, the hospital became victim of the political merging of several different clinics and was finally closed in 2011. The emotions of closing down the clinic are still noticeable in the various demonstration banners laying around.
The premises of this location are very large, and consist of several floors with patient rooms, residential units, a chapel and a large swimming pool with adjoining gym. In a far corner, one can even find a few hundred medical records and roentgen photos, forgotten here since the seventies.